That's great, can you share your source code with me? I'm very eager to get
this now :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugo Mills [mailto:h...@carfax.org.uk]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 5:58 PM
To: Yang, Yi Y
Cc: linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: How to get the default subvolume?

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 05:58:02PM +0800, Yi Yang wrote:
> I know I can set the default subvolume for a btrfs fs using
>
> sudo btrfs subvolume set-default 256 /btrfs/mnt
>
> But after that, how can get the default subvolume name? In my opinion,
> btrfs-progs should provide "btrfs subvolume get-default /btrfs/mnm" to
> get the default subvolume id and name, I think it is very easy to do
> this in btrfs-progs and btrfs kernel space.

   I don't think the current btrfs-progs will do it. As you pointed out though,
it's pretty easy to write the code to get the information (I implemented it for
btrfs-gui without any additional kernel code, for example). We just need
someone to implement it. :)

   I'd do it myself, but there's about a dozen things higher up my priority
list right now.

   Hugo.

              --- Welcome to Rivendell,  Mr Anderson... ---