Hi Maciej,

Am Freitag, 26. August 2011 schrieb Maciej Marcin Piechotka:
> On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 19:55 +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > That said I also do not have any issues with BTRFS on a ThinkPad T23
> > for /
> > and /home. But then the machine has an hibernate-to-disk-and-resume
> > uptime
> > of almost 120 days, so it didn´t see a power loss for a long time.
> > Thats
> > still with 2.6.38.4.
>
> Which method of hibernation are you using?
>
> I got enormous problems with btrfs+toi including:
>
>  - Freezes resulting in umountable partition (twice so far, 2 results
> in google including one message I sent to list)
>  - Sometimes a random program (Skype, Firefox) cannot be frozen and
> stacktracke includes btrfs AIO.

I do not use TOI since quite some time anymore since I had some issues
with it I do not remember anymore, I think it didn´t work reliably back
then. I like to try again, but did not come around to do it.

I use in-kernel-suspend, now with 3.0, debian packaged, thus not even self
compiled anymore, and its just rock solid on the T23. Its not that rock
solide on my new ThinkPad T520, but that might also be some driver issues
and I do not use BTRFS on the new one, only on the T23.

Ciao,