On 02/16/2012 12:58 PM, Chris Mason wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 07:55:15PM +0600, Roman Mamedov wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Please be aware that there seems to be a possible problem with
>> using NOCOW flag on files situated on a filesystem mounted with
>> compress-force(=lzo, in my case).
>>
>> Since experimenting with NOCOW, I started regularly hitting this
>> BUG at extent-tree.c:5813
>>
>> 5813                 BUG_ON(!(flags &
>> BTRFS_BLOCK_FLAG_FULL_BACKREF));
>>
>> I was unable to make netconsole work over a bridged interface, so
>> can only post screenshots of this OOPS:
>> http://romanrm.ru/pics/2012/2012-02-16-btrfs-bug-1.jpg
>> http://romanrm.ru/pics/2012/2012-02-16-btrfs-bug-2.jpg
>>
>> This happened four times already, and always on snapshot creation
>> (but not every case). I have hourly snapshots in crontab, and
>> only one case out of about ten fails with this problem. Did not
>> try to deliberately reproduce it yet by manually making snapshots
>> very often, etc.
>
> Interesting, NOCOW and compression don't really mix.  We always cow
> for compression.  I'll try to reproduce it.

I hit this one today without nocow or compression. The only thing
non-default was that I mounted with -ossd. The backing store was a 1GB
non-sparse loopback file on tmpfs.

I had kdump enabled and with 16GB, I wasn't waiting around for the
dump to complete. If it happens again, I'll have a full stack trace.
My test case was filling the disk while making snapshots.

- -Jeff

- --
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs