On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 3:16 AM, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I suggest you start by reading
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org/msg18827.html
>>
>> After that, PROBABLY start your database by preloading libeatmydata to
>> disable fsync completely.
>
> Which will cure the sympthoms, not the issue itself - I remember the
> same advice was given for Reiser4 back then ;)
> Usually for non-toy use-cases data is too valueable to just disable fsync.

The OP DID say he doesn't really care about security, recovery, nor
integrity (or at least, it's not an obligatiion) :D

Other than trying latest -rc and using libeatmydata, I can't see what
else can be done to improve current db performance on btrfs. As the
list archive shows, zfs is currently MUCH more suitable for that.

--
Fajar