On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:33:42PM -0800, Filipe Brandenburger wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Ian Kumlien <po...@demius.net> wrote:
> > This patch includes fsck as a subcommand of btrfs, but if you rename
> > the binary to btrfsck (or, preferably, use a symlink) it will act like
> > the old btrfs command.
>
> You can rename files in your git (there's "git mv" for that), only
> thing is when you generate the patch with format-patch (or "git show",
> "git diff" etc.) pass it the -M option to detect moves and act
> appropriately.

git send-email seems to send the full diff, diffing against /dev/null =P
This is why i skipped that part.

> Regarding your patches, I really like the idea of "btrfs fsck" but I
> think I'd prefer to keep the external commands as wrapper scripts
> instead of adding busybox-style name detection to btrfs... But then,
> that's just my opinion.

Well, now both works.

> I guess I would have a "btrfsck" that would simply contain:
>
>     #! /bin/sh
>     exec btrfs fsck "$@"
>
> Downside is that error reporting (e.g. invalid syntax, etc.) would
> show "btrfs fsck" instead of the command the user actually typed...

Actually it still does, due to how btrfs handles things... It's a simple
enough fix and it will make rescue cd's or dracut images, or just about
anything.

I understand your point, but i think this is a simpler solution =)