On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 02:59:05PM -0700, Ilya Dryomov wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:11:44PM +0100, Ian Kumlien wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:33:42PM -0800, Filipe Brandenburger wrote:
> > > Hi Ian,

> > > You can rename files in your git (there's "git mv" for that), only
> > > thing is when you generate the patch with format-patch (or "git show",
> > > "git diff" etc.) pass it the -M option to detect moves and act
> > > appropriately.
> >
> > git send-email seems to send the full diff, diffing against /dev/null =P
> > This is why i skipped that part.
> >
> > > Regarding your patches, I really like the idea of "btrfs fsck" but I
> > > think I'd prefer to keep the external commands as wrapper scripts
> > > instead of adding busybox-style name detection to btrfs... But then,
> > > that's just my opinion.
> >
> > Well, now both works.
> >
> > > I guess I would have a "btrfsck" that would simply contain:
> > >
> > >     #! /bin/sh
> > >     exec btrfs fsck "$@"
> > >
> > > Downside is that error reporting (e.g. invalid syntax, etc.) would
> > > show "btrfs fsck" instead of the command the user actually typed...
> >
> > Actually it still does, due to how btrfs handles things... It's a simple
> > enough fix and it will make rescue cd's or dracut images, or just about
> > anything.
> >
> > I understand your point, but i think this is a simpler solution =)
>
> FWIW I agree with Filipe, this name detection thing looks ugly to me.
> The merge itself is a good idea, but I think we should stick with shell
> wrappers for everything else.

I like the shell scripts for the things we expect to eventually go away.
But we're probably stuck with btrfsck and fsck.btrfs forever, so I'd
prefer these get the name detection treatment.

At the end of the day, I'll defer to our distro friends on what it
easiest for them to package and include.

-chris