Am Dienstag, 26. Februar 2013 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Am Dienstag, 26. Februar 2013 schrieb Gareth Pye:
> > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Martin Steigerwald
> >
> > <mar...@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> > > I´d still like that for df, whose output is quite bogus in certain
> > > BTRFS setups at the moment and does not give applications a realistic
> > > estimate at all. One example is raid 1 with 10 GB each disk. Shows 20
> > > GB free. An application which wants to write 15 GB will fail. Which
> > > can break installer scripts, package management, cache software or
> > > anything else which checks for free space. Thus I´d like df to
> > > default to *minimum* free.
> >
> > Is that any better than the script failing to attempt to install
> > because it needs 15G but because some of the storage is used in RAID1
> > then df shows 10G free but the 15G install would work fine. If you
> > could force the tool to install where it know it doesn't have
> > sufficient space?
>
> I do not quite understand your question. In RAID-1 with 10 GB and two
> disks, df will show 20 GB free. If the script needs 15 GB and checks for
> it it would run, but then fail. I would prefer that the script space
> check bails out in that case it is know that there is not enough space
> available anymore.

Well, okay, and exactly that is not known, cause if the files the installer
script are installed are stored a single instead of RAID-1 there would be
enough space.

Anyway for the additions Goffredo made I strongly suggest reading the old
discussions before starting to discuss stuff that has already been discussed
back then.