Le 07/03/2013 14:37, Eric Sandeen a écrit :
> What error messages does it emit, anything helpful?

root@partedmagic:~# file -s /dev/sda5
/dev/sda5: data

root@partedmagic:~# mkfs.btrfs /dev/sda5

WARNING! - Btrfs v0.20-rc1 IS EXPERIMENTAL
WARNING! - see http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org before using

error checking /dev/sda5 mount status

root@partedmagic:~# echo $?
1

> The option is quite new, and still exists upstream. But it only forces
> overwrite of an existing filesystem, it has never affected the mount
> status check AFAIK.

I remember that, in the past, I was several time able to override this
very error by using a -f switch...

> There are also steps you could take to investigate some more yourself:
> Did earlier versions of the livecd work for you? If so, when did it break?

It was broke first time I tried to use it more than a year ago ; I don't
clearly remember if it has been fixed at some point in time... I'm
positively sure that I saw the exact same error on other live distros
(possibly Ubuntu but not sure...)

> Can you capture an strace of the failing mkfs.btrfs? -Eric

I don't know how to do this, I'm no developper myself...

Kind regards.

--
Swâmi Petaramesh <sw...@petaramesh.org> http://petaramesh.org PGP 9076E32E
Ne cherchez pas : Je ne suis pas sur Facebook.