On Mar 22, 2013, at 10:37, Mitch Harder <mitch.har...@sabayonlinux.org> wrote:

> If you can, it would be interesting to know how well the cleaner runs
> across iSCSI if nothing else is running.  If you could delete a single
> snapshot, and make note of the space used before and after the cleaner
> finishes and the time required, this might help isolate the issue.

It seems to me like the file system has gotten corrupted in some way.

I think I left out one bit of information that's important:

It's been doing this for ~3 weeks and never finished even with the file system
otherwise idle. I left it completely alone for about a week at some point
thinking it'd recover but it didn't.  After a week I tried rebooting it and
that didn't make a difference, either. :-)

I tried to delete a few more snapshots and the space used didn't change.

I'm checking by running 'btrfs file show'

# btrfs file show tank
failed to read /dev/sr0
Label: 'tank'  uuid: 6df950f2-e3e7-4f07-913b-ee34157e28b3
        Total devices 1 FS bytes used 477.67GB
        devid    1 size 1.17TB used 499.04GB path /dev/sdc

I am using 3.8.2 from fedora 18 (3.8.3 on next reboot), but I'm happy to
recompile and try any patches that might reveal what's going on.

Ask--