>    If those fail, then look in dmesg for errors relating to the log
> tree -- if that's corrupt and can't be read (or causes a crash), use
> btrfs-zero-log.

In a bit of a tangent:

btrfs-zero-log throws away data that fsync/sync could have previously
claimed was stable on disk.

Given how often this is thrown around as a solution to a broken
partition, should the tool jump up and down and make it clear that it's
about to roll the file system back?  This seems like relevant
information.

Right now, as far as I can tell, it's completely undocumented and
silent.

- z