Wang Shilong posted on Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:18:19 +0800 as excerpted:

> On 09/23/2013 09:53 AM, Dusty Mabe wrote:

>> There is one other thing I have noticed while playing around
>> with quota and qgroups. If I delete subvolumes I can manage to get some
>> of the qgroup information to be reported as a negative number. If you
>> are interested check out my steps at
>> http://dustymabe.com/2013/09/22/btrfs-how-big-are-my-snapshots/ . The
>> system I was using was Fedora 19 (so not the latest stuff so this may
>> be a known issue already).

> I will take a look at this issue.

FWIW, I remember seeing discussion of the negative qgroup numbers on-
list, but as I don't use quotas I didn't track resolution.   So it should
indeed be a known issue, but I'm not sure if it's fixed or someone's at
least working on it yet or not.

But that might give you a duplicating instance if you need one, anyway.
(Unless of course Dusty reported it earlier too and that's what I'm
remembering.)