On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 4:13 AM, Wang Shilong
<wangsl.f...@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> On 10/11/2013 01:40 AM, Ilya Dryomov wrote:
>
> I have a question in my mind.
>
> Can we reach a state that there is operation in progress when filesystem
> has been readonly?If we do cancel operations on a ro filesystem, we should
> get "No operations in progress" .

So if I understand you correctly you are saying that we should return
the "Not in progress" error code if the filesystem is mounted ro and
there is nothing to cancel.  I actually did think about it, but decided
against it because one can extend this argument to starting commands
with something like "If I order a start on a read-only fs and that
operation has already been started, I should get EINPROGRESS.", and
that's not what we are currently doing.

Thanks,

                Ilya