On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 11:23:04 +0200
Stefan Behrens <sbehr...@giantdisaster.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:13:24 +0800, Wang Shilong wrote:
> > On 10/11/2013 01:40 AM, Ilya Dryomov wrote:
> >
> > I have a question in my mind.
> >
> > Can we reach a state that there is operation in progress when filesystem
> > has been readonly?If we do cancel operations on a ro filesystem, we should
> > get "No operations in progress" .
>
> Well, it's arguable what ro means. No write to the devices at all?

If I had an FS image and mounted it as -o loop,ro I'd simply expect md5sum of
that image to match before mount and after unmount, i.e. no writes at all.
Really, how can one argue with what "read only" means? If it will mean
something else than a complete absence of writes, then how can we mount
devices or FS images to do forensics, etc? Or do a recovery from a difficult
corruption or try to debug an FS crash.

--
With respect,
Roman