On 2013-11-15 08:12, Duncan wrote:
> Goffredo Baroncelli posted on Thu, 14 Nov 2013 22:21:22 +0100 as
> excerpted:
>
>> after some tests and looking at the code I discovered that the current
>> mkfs.btrfs doesn't allow any raid profile other than SINGLE for data and
>> meta-data when the mixed metadata/data group is enabled.
>
> That'd be a big problem for me, here, as I run a separate sub-GiB (640
> MiB) btrfs filesystem /var/log, in data+metadata raid1 mode.  (The
> mountpoint is actually /lg, with /var/log a symlink pointing at it.)

[...]
> You're saying data+metadata DUP wouldn't be possible here either, which
> would make me pretty unhappy too.

The problem should be in mkfs.btrfs not in the btrfs kernel code. So if
the filesystem was created, there should be not problem.

> Fortunately I did those mkfs.btrfs on an earlier btrfs-tools so wasn't
> affected by this bug, but bug I would indeed call it, for sure!

Anand posted a patch few hours ago (which worked for me). I think that
this bug could be addressed quickly.

BR

--
gpg @keyserver.linux.it: Goffredo Baroncelli (kreijackATinwind.it>
Key fingerprint BBF5 1610 0B64 DAC6 5F7D  17B2 0EDA 9B37 8B82 E0B5