Chris Murphy posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:33:59 -0700 as excerpted:

> On Dec 10, 2013, at 5:14 PM, Imran Geriskovan
> <imran.gerisko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As being the lead developer, is it possible for you to
>> provide some insights for the reliability of this option?
>
> I'm not a developer, I'm just an ape who wears pants. Chris Mason is the
> lead developer.

Lest anyone stumbling across this in a google or the like think
otherwise, it's probably worthwhile to pull this bit out in its own post.

Chris Mason: btrfs lead dev.

Chris Murphy: not a dev, just a btrfs tester/user and btrfs list regular.

It's worth noting that this isn't a problem unique to this list or the
Chris name.  There are I think three "Linus" on LKML now, with at least
Linus W noting in good humor at one point that his posts do tend to get
noticed a bit more due to his first name, even if he's not /the/ Linus,
Torvalds, that is.

I've name-collided with other "John Duncan"s too.  Which is one reason
I've been a mononym "Duncan" for over a decade now.  Strangely enough,
I've had far fewer issues with Duncan as a mononym, than I did with "John
Duncan".  I guess at least the "Duncan" mononym is rarer than the "John
Duncan" name.

@ C. Murphy:  Given the situation, you might consider a "not a dev, just
a user" disclaimer in your sig...  Or perhaps you'll find a Murphy mononym
as useful as I have the Duncan mononym, altho I guess that has the
Murphy's Law connotation, but that might have the effect of keeping the
namespace even clearer (or not, I don't know), as well as making the
mononym rather more memorable!