On Dec 30, 2013, at 10:57 AM, Marc MERLIN <m...@merlins.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 10:48:10AM -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
>>
>> On Dec 30, 2013, at 10:10 AM, Marc MERLIN <m...@merlins.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> If one day, it could at least work on a subvolume level (only sync a
>>> subvolume), then it would be more useful to me. Maybe later…
>>
>> Maybe I'm missing something, but btrfs send/receive only work on a subvolume
>> level.
>
> Never mind, I seem to be the one being dense. I mis-read that you needed
> to create the filesystem with btrfs receive.
> Indeed, it's on a subvolume level, so it's actually fine since it does
> allow over provisionning afterall.

Depending on resources and disaster recovery requirements, you might also
consider using send -f without receive at all, to the backup destination. The
first send file (which will be big) can then be put anywhere, even to tape, and
use the backup storage just for the incremental send -f files.

Chris Murphy--