On Jan 6, 2014, at 12:25 PM, Jim Salter <j...@jrs-s.net> wrote:

> FWIW, Ubuntu (and I presume Debian) will work just fine with a single / on
> btrfs, single or multi disk.
>
> I currently have two machines booting to a btrfs-raid10 / with no separate
> /boot, one booting to a btrfs single disk / with no /boot, and one booting to
> a btrfs-raid10 / with an ext4-on-mdraid1 /boot.

Did you create the multiple device layouts outside of the installer first?

What I'm seeing in the Ubuntu 12.03.04 installer is a choice of which disk to
put the bootloader. If that's reliable UI, then it won't put it on both disks
which means a single point of failure in which case -o degraded not being
automatic with Btrfs is essentially pointless if we don't have a bootloader. I
also see no way in the UI to even create Btrfs raid of any sort.

Chris Murphy--