On Sat, 4 Jan 2014 02:56:39 PM Chris Mason wrote:

> Seconded +ADs-)  We're really focused on nailing down these problems instead
> of hiding behind the experimental flag.  I know we won't be perfect
> overnight, but it's time to focus on production workloads.

Perhaps an option here is to remove the need to specify the degraded flag but
if the filesystem notice that it is mounting a RAID array and would otherwise
fail it then sets the degraded flag itself and carries on?

That way the fact it was degraded would be visible in /proc/mounts and could
be detected with health check scripts like NRPE for icinga/nagios.

Looking at the code this would be in read_one_dev() in fs/btrfs/volumes.c ?

All the best,
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP