Absolutely.  I'd like to know the answer to this, as 13 tera will take
a considerable amount of time to back up anywhere, assuming I find a
place.  I'm considering rebuilding a smaller raid with newer drives
(it was originally built using 16 250 gig western digital drives, it's
about eleven years old now, having been in use the entire time without
failure, I'm considering replacing each 250 gig with a 3 tera
alternative).  Unfortunately, between upgrading the host and building
a new raid the expense isn't something I'm anticipating with
pleasure...