Sorry for reporting this issue to you, but I have not found any helpful
information elsewhere.

I have installed a new opensuse-system 12.3 from scratch and selected an
ext4-fs for /
and btrfs for /home
The installation works and the access to the /home btrfs works also.

But the btrfs-progs doesn't.

show works
# btrfs filesystem show /dev/sda8
Label: lx_home  uuid: 5a6857e3-b421-4a68-92f4-0c7e5f9fcb4c
        Total devices 1 FS bytes used 74.40GiB
        devid    1 size 262.63GiB used 77.04GiB path /dev/sda8

df does not work
# btrfs filesystem df /dev/sda8
ERROR: couldn't get space info - Inappropriate ioctl for device
ERROR: get_df failed Inappropriate ioctl for device

#mount
/dev/sda6 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/sda8 on /home type btrfs (rw,relatime,ssd,space_cache)

A reinstallation of the btrfs-progs did not help.
Is the system bad packaged by opensuse or is my constellation forbidden?

Best regards,
Johannes Stemmler

p.s. the btrfs is on a ssd-partition