On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 10:05:19PM +0100, Johannes Stemmler wrote:
> Sorry for reporting this issue to you, but I have not found any helpful
> information elsewhere.
>
> I have installed a new opensuse-system 12.3 from scratch and selected an
> ext4-fs for /
> and btrfs for /home
> The installation works and the access to the /home btrfs works also.
>
> But the btrfs-progs doesn't.
>
> show works
> # btrfs filesystem show /dev/sda8
> Label: lx_home  uuid: 5a6857e3-b421-4a68-92f4-0c7e5f9fcb4c
>         Total devices 1 FS bytes used 74.40GiB
>         devid    1 size 262.63GiB used 77.04GiB path /dev/sda8
>
> df does not work
> # btrfs filesystem df /dev/sda8

   ^^^ this needs to be a location of the *mounted* filesystem, not a
device. Most of the btrfs functions do this, although not all of them
-- check the man pages, or the online help, which should state either
<device> or <mountpoint>.

   Hugo.

> ERROR: couldn't get space info - Inappropriate ioctl for device
> ERROR: get_df failed Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
> #mount
> /dev/sda6 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
> /dev/sda8 on /home type btrfs (rw,relatime,ssd,space_cache)
>
> A reinstallation of the btrfs-progs did not help.
> Is the system bad packaged by opensuse or is my constellation forbidden?
>
> Best regards,
> Johannes Stemmler
>
> p.s. the btrfs is on a ssd-partition

  PGP key: 65E74AC0 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
   --- Well, you don't get to be a kernel hacker simply by looking ---
                    good in Speedos. -- Rusty Russell