Hi, I hadn't noticed this post,
I think I know the reason this time : you have used USB you bad guy!
I think USB does not support flush / barrier , which is mandatory for BTRFS to work correctly in case of power loss. For most filesystems actually, but the damages suffered by COW filesystems such as btrfs are much more severe than for static filesystems such as ext4 .

Please check if when you connect the USB drive you see in dmesg something like:

|[  .... . .....] sd ...:0:0:0: [sdf] Write cache: ....., read cache: .....,
doesn't support DPO or FUA

Regards
BM