On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 08:30:08PM +0300, Пламен Петров wrote:
> Can anyone boot a system using btrfs root with linux 3.14 or newer?
>
> Because I can't.

It works fine for me.

> I'm trying to move some 3.13.x based systems to 3.14.x and the kernel panics
> during boot. It says to append a correct root=sdaX partition, but the one
> provided is correct, because if use 3.13.x with the same kernel command line
> - the system boots fine.

My guess is that you have btrfs compiled as a module, it then needs to be in
an initrd, and you either haven't built it and put it in the right place, or
grub isn't setup to load that initrd.

> #menuentry 0
> title Linux
>     root (hd0,0)
>     kernel /vmlinuz rw root=/dev/sda2 vga=6 raid=noautodetect

That's missing an initrd. Are you absolutely certain then that btrfs is
compiled in the kernel and not as a module?

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/