Andreas Reis <andreas.reis <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Turns out that when I try to run any binary from the restored
> partition (via LiveCD), *every* *single* *one* fails with this
> remarkably expressive error. If I manually replace one with a
> fresh download, I get a SIGBUS crash instead.

Alright, there are corrupt text files too, after all. As well as a
handful or non-corrupted binaries.

Always the same type of btrfs error message though. Interestingly,
the false csum reported stays exactly the same: 2566472073. Also,
btrfs check --init-csum-tree fails with a plethora of backref
errors.

Guess it doesn't matter whether it's the backup or the LiveCD's
kernel (3.13.7) that's at fault, I'm going to have to reinstall
either way.