Martin <m_bt...@ml1.co.uk> writes:

> The *ONLY* application that I know of that uses atime is Mutt and then
> *only* for mbox files!...

However, users, such as myself :), can be interested in when a certain
file has been last accessed. With snapshots I can even get an idea of
all the times the file has been accessed.

> *And go KISS and move on faster* better?

Well, it in uncertain to me if it truly is better that btrfs would after
that point no longer truly even support atime, if using it results in
blowing up snapshot sizes. They might at that point even consider just
using LVM2 snapshots (shudder) ;).