On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 02:08:15PM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> I am doing this project from the btrfs wiki, since I am new after
> reading the code using lxr I am wondering if
> we can base the code off that already in ext4 for these modes as they
> seem to work rather well. I am wondering
> through as a newbie some of the data structures are ext4 based and the
> same goes for some of the functions.
> I am wondering what the equivalent structures and functions are in
> btrfs as I can't seem to find them after reading
> the code as a newbie for the last few hours in lxr. Maybe I just
> missing something?

   The fundamental on-disk structures for btrfs and ext4 are totally
different. You will get very confused if you expect the ext4 code to
work in the btrfs module, or even if you expect structures to be
similar.

   But first -- answer my questions in the reply I made to your patch
just now. Do nothing else until you can answer all three of those
questions sensibly.

   Hugo.

  PGP key: 65E74AC0 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
        --- Great films about cricket:  200/1: A Pace Odyssey ---