On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Hugo Mills <h...@carfax.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 02:08:15PM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
>> I am doing this project from the btrfs wiki, since I am new after
>> reading the code using lxr I am wondering if
>> we can base the code off that already in ext4 for these modes as they
>> seem to work rather well. I am wondering
>> through as a newbie some of the data structures are ext4 based and the
>> same goes for some of the functions.
>> I am wondering what the equivalent structures and functions are in
>> btrfs as I can't seem to find them after reading
>> the code as a newbie for the last few hours in lxr. Maybe I just
>> missing something?
>
>    The fundamental on-disk structures for btrfs and ext4 are totally
> different. You will get very confused if you expect the ext4 code to
> work in the btrfs module, or even if you expect structures to be
> similar.
>
>    But first -- answer my questions in the reply I made to your patch
> just now. Do nothing else until you can answer all three of those
> questions sensibly.
>
>    Hugo.
>
> --
> === Hugo Mills: hugo@... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
>   PGP key: 65E74AC0 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
>         --- Great films about cricket:  200/1: A Pace Odyssey ---

I believed I answered your questions , seems I need to fucking test my patches.
And about the reply about data structures , thanks seems the other fallocate
functions are there and I need to read these first , I sent out my patch by
accident as I didn't realize I have removed the error return by mistake.
Sorry Nick