On Tuesday 09 September 2014 16:29:05 Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> I also played around with it some more. After removing a few small
> files, I could create new files with up to 20-60MB again before hitting
> ENOSPC. I then did a 'make clean' in all the object directories I had
> and after that could fill the file system up to 100% by creating a
> 62GB file using the same command (dd if=/dev/zero of=x).

Ok, one more data point: I was accidentally building randconfig kernels
in the same partition all the time, meaning I had lots of traffic with
small files using the same names all over all the time. After I got
the file system back to a usable state today, building some more randconfig
kernels broke it in the same way.

        Arnd