Austin S Hemmelgarn posted on Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:12:03 -0400 as
excerpted:

> Secondarily, this almost makes me want to set the ssd option on all
> BTRFS filesystems, just to get the rotating superblock updates, because
> if it weren't for that behavior, I probably wouldn't have been able to
> recovery anything in this particular case.

That's an interesting point.  All my btrfs are on ssd ATM and I'm still
using reiserfs on the spinning rust until btrfs further stabilizes, but
at some point I imagine I'll switch everything to btrfs, and I hadn't
thought about this.

Tho I could do with a good explanation of how both ssd and rotational
superblock update handling works and the differences between the two, as
I'm not entirely clear on it myself, at this point.