On Oct 21, 2014, at 9:18 AM, Cristian Falcas <cristi.fal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I will reformat the disk with a 3.10 kernel in the meantime, because I
> don't have any rpms for 3.16 now.

If you've formatted with features in common between 3.10 and 3.17, I don't
think you need to do this. The concern is only that your existing file system
enters an even more non-deterministic state than usual, and therefore not
significantly tested.

The suggestion you stick to the most recent kernel you can, is sound advice
though. Why all the way back to 3.10 instead of 3.14.22? Every distro should
have binaries for it available. They should even have 3.16.6.

One thing I wonder, if going back to kernel 3.14 (or even 3.10), which
btrfs-progs to use? Is it OK to use 3.17?

Chris Murphy--