Am Sat, 25 Oct 2014 21:58:08 +0200
schrieb Marc Joliet <mar...@gmx.de>:

> Am Sat, 25 Oct 2014 14:24:58 +0200
> schrieb Marc Joliet <mar...@gmx.de>:
>
> > I can still access files on MARCEC_BACKUP just fine, and the snapshots are
> > still there ("btrfs subvolume list" succeeds).
>
> Just an update: that was true for a while, but at one point listing
> directories
> and accessing the file system in general stopped working (all processes that
> touched the FS hung/zombified). This necessitated a hard reboot, since
> "reboot"
> and "halt" (so... "shutdown", really) didn't do anything other than spit out
> the
> usual "the system is rebooting" message.
>
> Interestingly enough, the file system was (apparently) fine after that (just
> as
> Petr Janecek wrote), other than an invalid space cache file:
>
>   [   65.477006] BTRFS info (device sdg2): The free space cache file
>   (2466854731776) is invalid. skip it
>
> That is, running my backup routine worked just as before, and I can access
> files on the FS just fine.
>
> Oh, and apparently the rebalance continued successfully?!
>
>   [  342.540865] BTRFS info (device sdg2): continuing balance
>   [  342.599991] BTRFS info (device sdg2): relocating block group
> 2502355320832
>   flags 34 [  342.821608] BTRFS info (device sdg2): found 4 extents
>   [  343.056915] BTRFS info (device sdg2): relocating block group
> 2501818449920
>   flags 36 [  437.932405] BTRFS info (device sdg2): found 25086 extents
>   [  438.727197] BTRFS info (device sdg2): relocating block group
> 2501281579008
>   flags 36 [  557.319354] BTRFS info (device sdg2): found 83875 extents
>
>   # btrfs balance status /media/MARCEC_BACKUP
>   No balance found on '/media/MARCEC_BACKUP'
>
> No SEGFAULT anywhere. All I can say right now is "huh". Although I'll try
> starting a "balance -m" again tomorrow, because the continued balance only
> took about 3-4 minutes (maybe it .

Maybe it exploded, I don't know (sorry, clearly I didn't delete the entirety of
that incomplete train of thought).

Anyway, I did run a full "balance -m" again, and this time it finished
successfully.  Make of that what you will, but it appears that the bug is
non-deterministic (makes me wonder if Petr Janecek or anybody else who hit the
bug ever got a balance to finish).

HTH
--
Marc Joliet