On 2014/11/25 18:47, David Sterba wrote:
We could provide an interface for external applications that would make
use of the strong checksums. Eg. external dedup, integrity db. The
benefit here is that the checksum is always up to date, so there's no
need to compute the checksums again. At the obvious cost.

I can imagine some use-cases where you might even want more than one algorithm to be used and stored. Not sure if that makes me a madman, though. ;)