On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 4:50 AM, Holger Hoffstätte
<holger.hoffstae...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:17:58 -0800, John Williams wrote:
>
>> 2) CityHash : for 256-bit hashes on all systems
>> https://code.google.com/p/cityhash/
>
> Btw this is now superseded by Farmhash:
> https://code.google.com/p/farmhash/

It seems FarmHash is not a complete replacement for CityHash.
Specifically, I don't see a Fingerprint256() function in FarmHash, so
no 256-bit fingerprints (unless I am missing something?). Also, it
seems that FarmHash's Fingerprint128() hash is just CityHash128().

Unless I am misreading it, I think FarmHash is mostly useful for
32-bit and 64-bit hashes.