Hello,

recently I was migrating from Debian to openSUSE and wanted to make it
smooth by dismantling my 2x1TB raid-1 array, install SUSE on the 1st
disk, cp /home data, check everything is OK and then add 2nd disk
containing Debian into raid-1 array.

However, in orde to accomplish it I learnt that one cannot simply
degrade mount and use such array like with mdadm, but I had to convert
system with -dconvert=single -mconvert=single which takes some time.

That's why I'm considering to put all my partitions (swap, root with
several subvolumes, home) under LVM2 volumes and then create raid-1
array with mdadm since that would enable to me more easy and quickly
temporarily dismantle raid-1 array, do some data manipulation from one
disk to another (sometimes I use 2nd disk as temporatily storage when
restoring some archived data from tapes etc.) and then resilver raid-1
array.

However, I wonder if there are some 'cons' in having raid-1 partition
under mdadm and not using native mirroring capabilities of btrfs fs?

Let me add that I also want to take advantage of using SUSE's snapshots
features, but I hope that's not the obstacle for the above-mentioned
layout - I'd still use btrfs' snapshot facility.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice,
O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion —