> Which is why I'm running an initramfs for the first time since I've
> switched to btrfs raid1 mode root, as I quit with initrds back before
> initramfs was an option.  An initramfs appended to the kernel image beats
> a separate initrd, but I'd still love to see the kernel commandline
> parsing fixed so it broke at the correct = in rootflags=device= (which
> seemed to be the problem, the kernel then didn't seem to recognize
> rootflags at all, as it was apparently seeing it as a parameter called
> rootflags=device, instead of rootflags), so I could be rid of the
> initramfs again.

Are you sure it isn't fixed? At least, it parses "rootflags=subvol=@"
well, which also has multiple = signs. And last time I've tried this,
and didn't cause any problems:
"rootflags=device=/dev/mapper/vg-rootlv,subvol=@". Though "device="
shouldn't have an effect in this case anyway, but I didn't get any
complaints against it. Though I use an initrd.