On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 03:47:54PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
> To David:
> I'm a little curious about why inode_cache needs to be delayed to next
> transaction.
> In btrfs_remount() we have s_umount mutex, and we synced the whole
> filesystem already,
> so there should be no running transaction and we can just set any mount
> option into fs_info.

See our discussion under the noinode_cache option:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-btrfs%40vger.kernel.org/msg30075.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-btrfs%40vger.kernel.org/msg30414.html

> What do you think about reverting the whole patchset and rework the
> sysfs interface?

IMO reverting should be the last option, we have a minimal fix to the
sync deadlock and you've proposed the per-trasaction mount options to
replace the pending inode_change.