Am Mon, 13 Jul 2015 06:56:17 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net>:

> Marc Joliet posted on Sun, 12 Jul 2015 14:26:04 +0200 as excerpted:
>
> > I hope it's not out of place, but I have a few suggestions for the Wiki:
>
> Just in case it wasn't obvious...  The wiki is open to user editing.  You
> can, if you like, get an account and make the changes yourself. =:^)
>
> Of course, it's understandable if your reaction to web and wiki
> technologies is similar to mine, newsgroups and mailing lists (in my case
> via gmane.org's list2news service, so they too are presented as
> newsgroups) are your primary domain, and you tend to treat the web as
> read-only so rarely reply on a web forum, let alone edit a wiki.  I've
> never gotten a wiki account here for that reason, either, or I'd have
> probably gone ahead and made the suggested changes...
>
> But with a bit of luck someone with an existing (or even new) account
> will be along to make the changes...

It's partially a "read-only" habit, but it's also that I'm just not confident
in deciding whether those actually *are* good suggestions, or put differently:
it's the public face of btrfs, and I don't want to accidentally do something to
"ruin" it (to use some hyperbole).

However, if somebody gives me the go-ahead, I might just edit the wiki myself
(though I don't know enough to be able to edit the kernel news entry ;-) ).

--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup