On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Anand Jain <anand.j...@oracle.com> wrote:

>  as of now it would/should start normally only when there is an entry -o
> degraded
>
>  it looks like -o degraded is going to be a very obvious feature,
>  I have plans of making it a default feature, and provide -o
>  nodegraded feature instead. Thanks for comments if any.

If degraded mounts happen by default, what happens when dev 1 goes
missing temporarily and dev 2 is mounted degraded,rw and then dev 1
reappears? Is there an automatic way to a.) catch up dev 1 with dev 2?
and then b.) automatically make the array no longer degraded?

I think it's a problem to have automatic degraded mounts when there's
no monitoring or notification system of problems. We can get silent
degraded mounts by default with no notification at all there's a
problem with a Btrfs volume.

So off hand my comment is that I think other work is needed before
degraded mounts is default behavior.

--
Chris Murphy