I'm getting some crashes when converting from RAID1 to RAID5, I know
that there was some issues recently but was lead to believe that there
were fixes that should have been in 4.3. (I'm using the ubuntu kernel
ppa teams 4.3 kernel)

One of the first things I checked was that I was using an up to date
btrfs util and it keeps reporting that I'm using version 4.0 (btrfs
--version). This is after confirming that my git clone is up to date,
the last commit to my master is talking about v4.3.1 and the
version.sh tells me it is 4.3.1 as well. Why the different reported
versions?

i'm converting in small chunks so I can then do a balance to recover
the partial blocks, the following command locks the pc up
occassionally. Mostly the balance completes happily on next boot but
I've seen it cause a reboot once.

btrfs fi balance start -dprofiles=raid1,convert=raid5,limit=1 /data

After running that several times I'm using the following to clean up
the partial RAID5 chunks:

btrfs fi balance start -dprofiles=raid5,usage=21 /data

I haven't noticed that clean up balance ever crashing.  Is this a
known bug or should I try and discover the cause better. Dmesg and
syslog don't have anything obvious in them.

--
Gareth Pye - blog.cerberos.id.au
Level 2 MTG Judge, Melbourne, Australia