On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 11:01:38PM +0100, Hendrik Friedel wrote:
> Hello Hugo,
>
> >> Here I am stuck in a recovery prompt.
> >    By far the simplest and most reliable method of doing this is to
> >use an initramfs with the command "btrfs dev scan" in it somewhere
> >before mounting. Most of the major distributions already have an
> >initramfs set up (as does yours, I see), and will install the correct
> >commands in the initramfs if you install the btrfs-progs package
> >(btrfs-tools in Debian derivatives).
> >
> I would like to go the sensible way :-)
> But can you hint me how and where to add the btrfs device scan option to
> the initramfs?

   Like I said above, just install the distribution's own
btrfs-progs/btrfs-tools package, and it should do the right thing. You
may have to tell the distribution to rebuild the initramfs -- I find I
don't have to on Debian, and Chris just gave the recipe for
distributions using dracut.

   Hugo.

> Regards,
> Hendrik
>
> ---

Hugo Mills             | I believe that it's closely correlated with the
hugo@... carfax.org.uk | aeroswine coefficient
http://carfax.org.uk/  |
PGP: E2AB1DE4          |                                       Adrian Bridgett