On 18 April 2016 at 11:52, Austin S. Hemmelgarn <ahferro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2016-04-18 11:39, Chris Murphy wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 9:15 AM, Austin S. Hemmelgarn
>> <ahferro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Like I said in one of my earlier e-mails though, these kind of limitations
> are part of why I switched to Gentoo, there's no GUI installer, but you can
> put the system together however the hell you want (which is especially nice
> with BTRFS, because none of the installers out there will let you use BTRFS
> on top of LVM, which is useful for things like BTRFS raid1 on top of
> DM-RAID0).

Limitations?  ;-)  Debian has a variety of bootstrapping methods,
though I forget if they're more analogous to starting a Gentoo
installation from stage2 or stage3...I haven't used Gentoo since 2002.
Please consult the following doc for one of the methods:
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/apds03.html.en

Best regards,
Nicholas