On 05/12/2016 10:35 AM, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
On May 12 2016, Henk Slager <eye...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 11:10 PM, Nikolaus Rath <nikol...@rath.org> wrote:
Hello,

I recently ran btrfsck on one of my file systems, and got the following
messages:

checking extents
checking free space cache
checking fs roots
root 5 inode 3149867 errors 400, nbytes wrong
root 5 inode 3150237 errors 400, nbytes wrong
root 5 inode 3150238 errors 400, nbytes wrong
root 5 inode 3150242 errors 400, nbytes wrong
root 5 inode 3150260 errors 400, nbytes wrong
[ lots of similar message with different inode numbers ]
root 5 inode 15595011 errors 400, nbytes wrong
root 5 inode 15595016 errors 400, nbytes wrong
Checking filesystem on /dev/mapper/vg0-nikratio_crypt
UUID: 8742472d-a9b0-4ab6-b67a-5d21f14f7a38
found 263648960636 bytes used err is 1
total csum bytes: 395314372
total tree bytes: 908644352
total fs tree bytes: 352735232
total extent tree bytes: 95039488
btree space waste bytes: 156301160
file data blocks allocated: 675209801728
  referenced 410351722496
Btrfs v3.17

Can someone explain to me the risk that I run by attempting a repair,
and (conversely) what I put at stake when continuing to use this file
system as-is?
It has once been mentioned in this mail-list, that if the 'errors 400,
nbytes wrong' is the only error on an fs, btrfs check --repair can fix
them ( was around time of tools release 4.4 , by Qu AFAIK).
I had /(have?) about 7 of those errors in small files on an fs that is
2.5 years old and has quite some older ro snapshots. I once tried to
fix them with 4.5.0 + some patches tools, but actually they did not
get fixed. At least with 4.5.2 or 4.5.3 tools it should be possible to
fix them in your case. Maybe you first want to test it on an overlay
of the device or copy the whole fs with dd. It depends on how much
time you can allow the fs to be offline etc, it is up to you.

In my case, I recreated the files in the working subvol, but as long
[...]

How did you determine which files were affected? Is there a way to map
inodes to paths?
 btrfs inspect-internal inode-resolve <inode> <path>.

This resolves the <inode> in subvol <path> to its fs paths

Thanks,
Ashish

Thanks!
-Nikolaus