On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 08:54:36AM -0700, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> On Jun 10 2016, "Austin S. Hemmelgarn" <ahferro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > JFYI, if you've using GNU cp, you can pass '--reflink=never' to avoid
> > it making reflinks.
>
> I would have expected so, but at least in coreutils 8.23 the only valid
> options are "never" and "auto" (at least according to cp --help and the
> manpage).

Where do you get "never" from?

.--====
cp: invalid argument ‘never’ for ‘--reflink’
Valid arguments are:
  - ‘auto’
  - ‘always’
Try 'cp --help' for more information.
`----

And, as of coreutils 8.25, the default is no reflink, with "never" not being
recognized even as a way to avoid an alias.  As far as I remember, this
applies to every past version with support for reflinks too.

--
An imaginary friend squared is a real enemy.