At 11/17/2016 04:30 AM, Hans van Kranenburg wrote:
In the last two days I've added the --blockgroup option to btrfs heatmap
to let it create pictures of block group internals.

Examples and more instructions are to be found in the README at:
https://github.com/knorrie/btrfs-heatmap/blob/master/README.md

To use the new functionality it needs a fairly recent python-btrfs for
the 'skinny' METADATA_ITEM_KEY to be present. Latest python-btrfs
release is v0.3, created yesterday.

Yay,

Wow, really cool!

I always dream about a visualizing tool to represent the chunk and extent level of btrfs.

This should really save me from reading the boring dec numbers from btrfs-debug-tree.

Although IMHO the full fs output is mixing extent and chunk level
together, which makes it a little hard to represent multi-device case,
it's still an awesome tool!

And considering the "show-block" tool in btrfs-progs is quite old,
I think if the tool get further polished it may have a chance get into btrfs-progs.

Thanks,
Qu