Christoph Groth wrote:
Chris Murphy wrote:
On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Christoph Groth
<christ...@grothesque.org> wrote:
Any ideas on what could be done? If you need help to debug the problem with btrfs-image, please tell me what I should do. I can keep the broken file system around until an image can be created at some later time.

Try 4.9, or even 4.8.5, tons of bugs have been fixed since 4.7.3 although I don't know off hand if this particular bug is fixed. I did recently do a btrfs-image with btrfs-progs v4.9 with -s and did not
get a segfault.

I compiled btrfs-image.static from btrfs-tools 4.9 (from git) and started it from Debian testing's initramfs. The exact command that I use is:

/mnt/btrfs-image.static -c3 -s /dev/sda2 /mnt/mim-s.bim

It runs for a couple of seconds (enough to write 20263936 bytes of output) and then quits with

*** Error in `/mnt/btrfs-image.static`: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x00000000009f0940 ***
====== Backtrace: ======
[0x45fb97]
[0x465442]
[0x465c1e]
[0x402694]
[0x402dcb]
[0x4031fe]
[0x4050ff]
[0x405783]
[0x44cb73]
[0x44cdfe]
[0x400b2a]

(I had to type the above off the other screen, but I double checked that there are no errors.)

The executable that I used can be downloaded from http://groth.fr/btrfs-image.static
Its md5sum is 48abbc82ac6d3c0cb88cba1e5edb85fd.

I hope that this can help someone to see what's going on.

I ran the same executable under gdb from a live system. The log is attached.