Am Tue, 14 Feb 2017 13:52:48 +0100
schrieb Marc Joliet <mar...@gmx.de>:

> Hi again,
>
> so, it seems that I've solved the problem:  After having to
> umount/mount the FS several times to get btrfs-cleaner to finish, I
> thought of the "failed to load free space [...], rebuilding it now"
> type errors and decided to try the clear_cache mount option.  Since
> then, my home server has been running its backups regularly again.
> Furthermore, I was able back up my desktop again via send/recv (the
> rsync based backup is still running, but I expect it to succeed).
> The kernel log has also stayed clean.
>
> Kai, I'd be curious whether clear_cache will help in your case, too,
> if you haven't tried it already.

The FS in question has been rebuilt from scratch. AFAIR it wasn't even
mountable back then, or at it froze the system short after mounting.

I needed the system back in usable state, so I had to recreate and
restore the system.

Next time, if it happens again (finger crossed it does not), I'll give
it a try.

--
Regards,
Kai