Thank you very much for your response.

I had just discovered exactly this a few hours ago. In sending an original snapshot instead of using a duplicate already in place, I was able to get around this problem.
As you mentioned, the error was coming from the receive side.

I am presently investigating a another error I have detailed in another message:

ERROR: rename o3528-7220-0 -> usr failed: Directory not empty

It is probably not related. I will file a report with Kernel.org bugzilla on it.