On Thu, 2017-07-20 at 15:00 +0000, Martin Raiber wrote:
> It would be interesting if lowering the dirty ratio is a viable
> work-around (sysctl vm.dirty_background_bytes=314572800 && sysctl
> vm.dirty_bytes=1258291200).
>
> Regards,
> Martin

I took away a trailing 0 for each of them... and then it goes through
without error....

sysctl vm.dirty_bytes=125829120
vm.dirty_bytes = 125829120
sysctl vm.dirty_background_bytes=31457280
vm.dirty_background_bytes = 31457280

But what does that mean now... could there be still any corruptions?
And do you need to permanently set the value (until this is fixed in
stable), or is this just necessary when I had this large copying
operation?

Cheers,
Chris.