On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 10:49:37AM -0400, Alan Brand wrote:
> I know I am screwed but hope someone here can point at a possible solution.
>
> I had a pair of btrfs drives in a raid0 configuration.  One of the
> drives was pulled by mistake, put in a windows box, and a quick NTFS
> format was done.  Then much screaming occurred.
>
> I know the data is still there.

   Well, except for all the parts overwritten by a blank NTFS metadata
structure.

>   Is there anyway to rebuild the raid
> bringing in the bad disk?  I know some info is still good, for example
> metadata0 is corrupt but 1 and 2 are good.

   I assume you mean superblock there.

> The trees look bad which is probably the killer.

   We really should improve the error messages at some point. Whatever
you're inferring from the kernel logs is probably not quite right. :)

   What's the metadata configuration on this FS? Also RAID-0? or RAID-1?

> I can't run a normal recovery as only half of each file is there.

   Welcome to RAID-0...

   Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills             | We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has
hugo@... carfax.org.uk | pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them