Hello,

i'm trying to speed up big btrfs volumes.

Some facts:
- Kernel will be 4.13-rc7
- needed volume size is 60TB

Currently without any ssds i get the best speed with:
- 4x HW Raid 5 with 1GB controller memory of 4TB 3,5" devices

and using btrfs as raid 0 for data and metadata on top of those 4 raid 5.

I can live with a data loss every now and and than ;-) so a raid 0 on
top of the 4x radi5 is acceptable for me.

Currently the write speed is not as good as i would like - especially
for random 8k-16k I/O.

My current idea is to use a pcie flash card with bcache on top of each
raid 5.

Is this something which makes sense to speed up the write speed.

Greets,
Stefan